Seeing a chiropractor can be a great way to improve multiple ailments and health conditions with the use of one, non-invasive treatment. One of the most common maneuvers your chiropractor can offer is what’s called spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments.
During your session, one of our skilled chiropractors will apply gentle pressure to the area in need of correction, using only minimal force. The outcome of this treatment is meant to improve mobility within the spine and return the vertebrae to its proper alignment. Since the spine is the main structure of support for the entire body, its form and structure are crucial to the overall health and well-being of any individual.
Conditions We Can Treat With Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care can treat a range of conditions, traversing the entire body. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Tension headaches
- Minor neck or spine injuries, such as whiplash
- Tennis elbow
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Low back pain, including sciatica
- Neck pain, including bulging or slipped discs
- SI (sacroiliac) joint pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Additional Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
Routine adjustments are most notably known for their ability to relieve pain within the body. However, they can also provide a number of other advantages as well.
Advantages that include:
- Improved mobility and flexibility – Due to age, injury, or even a sedentary lifestyle, a person may lose their mobility and flexibility over time. While it may not seem like a huge deal, this can lead to joint stiffness, muscle aches, and chronic pain. Manual adjustments can help restore proper alignment and mobility to the body, alleviating that pain and discomfort.
- Increased circulation – Chiropractic care has even been shown to increase circulation and stabilize blood pressure. When you relieve pressure from nerves, it encourages blood and oxygen to flow more freely within the body. This can in turn support healing and enable your organs to function properly. Additionally, regular adjustments may be able to keep high blood pressure at bay which is of course affiliated with a slew of health complications, including an increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Improved nervous system function – The nervous system (including the nerves, spinal cord and brain) controls much of the function of your entire body. Therefore, if there is a discord between the brain and the rest of the body, it can cause disruptions. When the spine is not in proper alignment, it can impact the function of the nervous system, causing difficulty in mobility, chronic pain, and a wide range of other health conditions. Further, chiropractic adjustments have also been shown to help increase blood flow to the brain. This can significantly help people suffering from neurological conditions such as epilepsy, cerebral palsy, vertigo, and multiple sclerosis.
Receiving routine chiropractic adjustments may prevent your condition from deteriorating further and causing irreparable damage. In many cases, the non-invasive treatment can help you avoid surgery or dulling the pain with medications. Call our clinic today at (661) 587-0700 for a complimentary consultation and find out what chiropractic care can do for you.