When dealing with a shoulder injury minor or major, you may find how vitally affected day to day life is, as the shoulder is one of our most important body parts. The shoulder enables us to do a variety of things, and shoulder pain has its way of creating major limitations to perform simple tasks. It can affect things such as; getting dressed, daily exercise, playing sports, and even lifting your hands above your head to get dressed, which also leaves it more susceptible to damage and wear over time.
Our clinic provides safe and effective treatments to get to the root cause of your shoulder pain and allow the return of normal function to keep the pain from returning.
Common Shoulder Injuries:
- Tendon damage
- Arthritis of the shoulder
- Tears of tendons
- Shoulder sprains
- Overuse of shoulder muscles, tendons, etc
- Poor posture
- Spinal cord injury
- Shoulder separation
- And more
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Injuries
For minor shoulder pain or injuries we use chiropractic care for relief. Chiropractic care is a combination of gentle manipulation, and specialized stretches to move the vertebrae back into correct alignment relieving any pressure that may be causing pain. This technique rarely causes any discomfort, with most patients experiencing immediate relief.
Regenerative Medicine For Severe Shoulder Injuries
When it comes to chronic shoulder pain or severe shoulder injuries we use a safe and effective treatment called Platelet Rich Plasma therapy. PRP therapy is injections that provide an all-natural pain relief while enhancing your body’s natural healing abilities from injury and illness.
How PRP works:
- A sample of your own blood is taken in the office.
- The blood sample is placed into a centrifuge machine that spins at high volume separating the Platelet-Rich Plasma from the blood.
- Once the PRP sample is ready it is then injected into the site of pain and or injury.
- The high concentration of platelets begins to work immediately to stimulate healing with most patients experiencing relief in the same day.
Platelet Rich Plasma is highly effective in treating chronic conditions as well as older injuries that are unlikely to heal fully without additional stimulation. If you or a loved one are suffering from a shoulder injury contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.