Physiotherapy allows individuals who have become disabled, injured, or are suffering from a chronic illness to regain function and alleviate pain via manual therapy, exercise and motion, information, and recommendations. Physiotherapists are skilled at methods for disease prevention and pain mitigation, assisting with health maintenance at all stages of life. they extend the period of time when people can remain independent and stay at their jobs through standardized approaches to recovery and physical development. Physiotherapy treatment in Bakersfield can help you get back full use of your body and regain your quality of life.
How Physiotherapy is Used
Physiotherapy is useful in the treatment of many different types of conditions, for people of any age. You may benefit from physiotherapy for chronic pain in Bakersfield, but it is actually used to diversely treat the body:
- circulation and heart, e.g., heart attack rehabilitation
- nervous system and brain, e.g. Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or stroke.
- breathing and lungs, e.g. cystic fibrosis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- soft tissue, joints, and bones, e.g. sports injuries, shoulder pain, neck pain, or back pain.
Through the treatments incorporated into a physiotherapy plan, you can both prevent reinjury and bolster your physical function.
Tasks Conducted in a Physiotherapy Setting
You may be referred to physiotherapy treatment in Bakersfield through various paths. However, the process will always include some standard components:
- The therapy team will give you an evaluation, including tests and a health history, along with a physical exam. They will check the performance and motion of your joints and muscles, gauge their flexibility, and check your posture.
- The physiotherapist will provide suggestions to help you self-manage and recover at home. This "homework" can be fundamental to progress.
- The physiotherapist and other specialists will diagnose your condition and create goals for short-term and long-term recovery.
- The therapy team will design a treatment and intervention plan that is aligned with their understanding of your condition and your diagnosis.
Typical Physiotherapy Treatments
When receive physiotherapy for chronic pain in Bakersfield, treatments that are standardly used include the following:
- taping and strapping
- mobilization and massage
- muscular retraining
- joint manipulation
- exercise programs
- canes, crutches, or other mobility aids
- electrotherapy, such as the use of laser therapy, ultrasound, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), or diathermy.
Physiotherapy for Chronic Pain in Bakersfield
Are you in chronic pain? You could benefit from the right physiotherapy treatment in Bakersfield. At Envista Medical, you'll get a program designed just for you, not a "one-size-fits-all" plan. Get the care you deserve.