Many people suffer from joint pain on a daily basis, with the only temporary reprieve coming in the form of a pain masking pill. This can affect many aspects of their everyday life. Unfortunately, it can get so bad that they often think there are no more options and opt for surgery. Luckily there is hope, and it is a natural remedy.
How does PRP work?
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, is a completely natural way to relieve your joint pain and heal your body. You might be asking yourself, how does it work?
- Blood is withdrawn from your body (generally a couple of tubes worth)
- The tubes are then spun in a centrifuge, separating the plasma from the blood
- The plasma, which contains growth factors, are then injected directly into your injured joint
- Once injected, the growth factors begin to stimulate and increase the number of corrective cells your body produces
- These cells will reduce inflammation while rebuilding and, in turn, also relieve your joint pain.
The entire process begins immediately, and healing can be noticed within 24 hours after the injection.
The Platelet-rich plasma continues working for up to two months. Since the injections are derived from your own blood, your body will not react negatively or reject it.
Once your joint is fully healed and the patient knows how to prevent future problems, this will ultimately lead to the end of your joint pain.
Why Are Your Joints Hurting?
Joint pain is often described as a constant aching or sharp, shooting pain. It can also feel like a dull burning discomfort, often with swelling.
Joint pain is extremely common, especially as you age. It occurs for many reasons. The most common joint in pain is the knee. This is followed by the shoulders and then the hips.
Whether it’s arthritis, osteoarthritis, sports injury, bursitis, tendonitis, gout, pinched nerves, or simply overuse, the cartilage in your joints get broken down. This leads to friction and pain when the bones rub together.
This will also lead to a spike in inflammation and limit your mobility significantly.
If you are looking for long-lasting, effective relief from joint pain in Bakersfield, Shafter, Arvin, or a nearby city in California, please call our medical center today at 661-587-0700 for a complimentary consultation.